Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Art of Vishnudas



Krishna Art - The Paintings Prints Posters of Vishnu das

Vishnudas: In 1968 I studied art at Portland Community College, but I didn't really take it seriously until I met the Krishna devotees in 1970. My mother knew I was leaning toward a monk's life so one day she showed me a picture of a robed monk in the newspaper. The article mentioned that the devotees of Krishna just moved into town (Portland OR). She said I should go see them.

I did, and the next day I became a celebate Krishna monk (brahmachari). I first met devotees like Locan dasa, Krishna Valasini devi dasi, Narada Muni dasa, and Bhakta Steve (who first taught me that I'm an eternal jiva soul, servant of Krishna), then later Danavir dasa (now HH Danavir dasa Goswami), the departed and truly missed HH Vishnujana Goswami, and HH Mukunda dasa Goswami, who all inspired and encouraged me to continue painting for Krishna.

Krishnaland.com